Benefits for full-time staff (year-round) include:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Holiday pay
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 403b with up to 5% match after one year
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
Benefits for part-time staff and seasonal workers include:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Holiday pay
Community Action has flexible hours and schedules for most staff and we are closed on Friday afternoons in the summer.
Financial, Employment, & Education Coach
To empower and engage our community to eliminate poverty, and to create prosperity and equity in the lives of the people we serve.
This position will have an emphasis on working with people who have a long-term goal of homeownership. You will also work with participants in advancing their employment and educational goals.
You will put participants first in everything you do, by exemplifying radical hospitality (empathy, kindness and patience) while recruiting and helping retain participants (with a strong focus on households of color and indigenous households) interested in gaining long-term financial security.
Our processes are customer-driven and tailored to each individual or family. This self-motivated position requires the ability to be a skilled collaborator, adaptable, solution-oriented and engaging. A strong understanding of cultural competence and the challenges of poverty is key.
This is a grant-funded, full-time position. This position is non-exempt with flexible work-hour options that span between 7:00am-8:30pm Monday – Friday. Full organizational benefits offered. The nature of this position may include some weekend hours.
You will work directly with other coaching staff, and closely with additional program staff to ensure that participants are getting assistance across all service areas.
- Support the mission of Community Action Duluth
- Provide one-on-one housing, financial and employment coaching to participants:
- Work with participants to complete a detailed financial, housing and/or employment assessment and subsequent progress updates
- Develop action plans and provide tools, resources and accountability to help participants meet their goals
- Prepare participants to enter/advance in the workforce, providing support, education, training and job readiness
- Assist participants in resolving current financial situations, while shifting to proactive asset development
- Connect participants with additional community advocates/programs as needed
- Monitor success and provide supportive follow-up services to participants as needed
- Outcome tracking—track the stories and successes of program participants
- Maintain monthly contact with participants and monitor their status
- Use Sales Force, Counselor Max, and other data management systems to document and reflect the outcome of participant’s progress in a timely and accurate manner
- Keep records up to date and accurate
- Deliver group based financial, education or employment topics
- Develop workshop/class materials or tailor existing materials to meet the needs of participants
- Deliver financial, homeownership, and/or career development classes and workshops
- Develop relationships with training and education providers
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate effectively during coaching sessions, classes and workshop presentations
- Previous experience with the target population, and the ability to provide services in a culturally sensitive manner. A good Coach is able to relate well to team members and participants
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and fellow employees
- Previous work experience in the financial sector such as banking, lending, insurance or investments
- Experience using data entry systems
- Reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution
- Previous work experience in the social services sector
- Extensive knowledge of Duluth’s community resources and supports
- Occasional evening hours will be required
- Continuing education and training provided as needed
Compensation range starts at $16.80/hour.
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Email: email@example.com.
Insert “Coach” in the subject line. Please indicate how you heard about the position.
Mail: Community Action Duluth
2424 West Fifth St, Suite 102
Duluth, MN 55806
Postion will be posted from April 19th to April April 26th, 2019.
Community Action Duluth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths. We seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly-committed, skilled and collaborative staff.